Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

First animation, opinions welcomed and a problem

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,
I've just finished my first animation.  I'd welcome your opinions, tips and critiques and, in particular, I have a problem with the guitarist's hand during the solo section of the video.  I'd very much appreciate any help or advice on this from the community.

https://youtu.be/brXEY2wLfHA

TIA

Phil

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! Looks fantastic to me!

There might be a minor issue with base guitarist finger placement. Looks like you have a trigger without swap set to remove original fingers? Minor though.

yes, guitarist hand looks stuck somewhere, so hand artwork is stretching. If you turn the yellow mesh of triangles on, sometimes it helps identify where it's getting stuck. Hard to suggest how to fix without seeing rigging hierarchy etc.

But all up a very good job!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed Japanese to English with translation software.

Very nice performance and vocals.
The lighting is also excellent.

About the guitar performance
Before I've posted a tutorial on guitar playing on my YouTube channel. It's in Japanese, but you can download a sample project from the overview section so you can see how it works in detail.

Normal pattern

A little more advanced pattern

https://youtu.be/QFzFqR653L0

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Overall, good job. There are a few things I'd like to see improved. First of all, there are some issues with the layer priorities - for instance, the singer's microphone is behind the cymbals instead of in front. Also, the lead singer's hand is behind the shirt but in front of the pants. It needs to be in front of or behind both to appear correctly. Finally, I would enjoy seeing the same visual style applied to all of the band members and the instruments (specifically, the drums) as well as the audience. At the moment, the multitude of visual styles is distracting. But like I said, overall you did a good job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines