• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flappy wrists

Participant ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I occasionaly get this flappy wrist on my characters and I can't seem to figure out why or how to fix it.

here is an example: 

TOPICS
Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be useful to see the rigging hierarchy for the arms and hands. I was wondering if related to the position of sticks and draggers.

I have seen similar when there is something about the puppet where the rotation of the hands was blocked. In my case, I was using MIDI devices to control a Transform behavior on the hand. (!!) If you watch its like when moving the hand rotation won’t occur - when you stop, the try to straighten. I would check for things like dragger on the wrong layer or similar.

Do you use the IK ARm behavior? I noticed the elbow joint went the wrong way at one stage. You might try putting that on and see if it helps with hands as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks AlanK I'll try to go through all the tagging again. I tend to NOT use IK Arm because its not worth adding to most scenes (extra cpu and takes up timeline, never seems to work for me.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similiar issue. In my case it was due to alternate hands that held things (like a briefcase) and extended the length of the arm mesh.  

I fixed it by making the object independent from the hand/arm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I think you got it...I have a hand that has a shirt in it. I will try to make it independent thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines