Exit

Floating body in walking template

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 

i created my character with the walking template in adobe website 

when I import my character the body is floating and i cant use the pin tool because i need the character to walk 

also the head in my character wont move with my head , the whole body moves with my head 

how can i fix this problem ? 

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you share a screenshot of the rigging hierarchy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. That puppet does not have the profiles in the rigging hierarchy that I can see. Did you add the walk behavior? If you expand the properties, is there Views and Handles? Are these all zero or did they find the correct layers to bind to?

I expected under +Character to see "Standing", "Left Profile", "Right Profile" then everything under that. I suspect the Walk behavior has not found the expected layers, so is not really controlling the puppet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually dont know how to drow the sides profiles 

and in the tamplet written walking blank tamplet 

so i thought front profile will be enough 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are not going to do walk side profiles, then just pin the feet is the easiest solution. I do walking by zooming in on the torso and head, then i just bob the character up and down to make it look like walking. You cannot see that the legs are not actually moving. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i didnt understand what acutally you mean

i can see my puppet walking fine cause i added the walking behavior but still floating 

and when i used the pintool the legs were wierd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am confused because the screenshot you shared does not have side profiles that i can see, but you say walking is working fine. If it is using the same layers for walk and standing, yes, pinning would be bad.

Umm, how about trying changing the walk behavior mode to position based movement? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines