• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Front view distoring

Engaged ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm re-doing my characters and making test renders for my voice actors, and I had a very successful test with the first one, but this 2nd one, the head just keeps distorting in front view and I can't figure out why Prince.zip - Google Drive

Here's the more successful one rendered out KingTest.mp4 - Google Drive

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Two things:

1. Set up your independence like the image below. You need a crown in front of Prince and each Head view.

2. All the non-frontal views don't have blink layers, so they collapse on themselves with your eyelids. They either need blink layers in each eye group or Face > Eyelid Strength needs to be 0%.

Screen Shot 2017-11-21 at 3.33.38 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SugarTallerino,

Thanks for posting in Adobe Forums. Could you please share us a video recording of the distortion in front view to understand the issue better.

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happened when you opened this Prince.zip - Google Drive ? Did it work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see a bunch of puppets and scenes but I couldn't figure out which one had the issue, and several seem to be missing the artwork files. This is why we recommend .puppet files instead of projects - the artwork + rigging are always together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I was told to send the zip file the last time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me I need the .puppet of the character you need help with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Two things:

1. Set up your independence like the image below. You need a crown in front of Prince and each Head view.

2. All the non-frontal views don't have blink layers, so they collapse on themselves with your eyelids. They either need blink layers in each eye group or Face > Eyelid Strength needs to be 0%.

Screen Shot 2017-11-21 at 3.33.38 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find the issue in the project you posted, not sure what to look at. A video or .puppet file would be helpful.

Usually head distortion is from not having blink layers, improper use of independence, wrong attach style, or a rogue tag keeping it fixed in place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines