• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting live audio over NDI on macOS?

Contributor ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are putting together an exhibit booth for Cyber Security Awareness Month at our college and I'm using a live interactive puppet to answer students' questions as they're walking by. Using our campus wireless system, I've been able to get CH video out from a Mac laptop to another running NDI Monitor connected via NDI to a big flat screen, but the audio isn't moving. I've been trying SoundFlower and oSD and can finally move audio over wired HDMI (using the big screen as a second display), but the setup may not let the CH computer be that close to the screen. I've been using the Apple MIDI utility to aggregate my outputs to see if that will help, too

Is there any trick for getting NDI to move the audio or is this something that can't be done yet? At the moment, I'm planning to use a second wireless mic and speaker by the flat-screen to work around it.

Thanks,

Ric

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remember reading somewhere “sorry, CH does not support Audio over NDI yet - run a separate cable”.  I cannot confirm it, but I do recall reading exactly what you are experiencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I saw that, too. But CH is evolving so quickly, I had some hope. I have one more test I need to try, running another audio source over NDI and seeing if that works, but I think my solution will be to use a karaoke setup with a wireless mic connected to a powered speaker near the flat-screen. That will keep me wireless but get the job done.

Thanks!

Ric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

V2 is coming "soon" (Adobe released a sneak peek edition) - its possible they got more in. But no timeline published.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines