• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting TypeError: Cannot read property '0' of undefined for a walk scene

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm new to Adobe Character Animator and i'm trying to get my character to walk. My character doesn't have a neck or waist so I'm not really sure where to error is, I rigged most of his body parts but as soon as a apply to walk behavor I get "TypeError: Cannot read property '0' of undefined\r\nError code: (Vec2.js:127)". Anyone know a fix for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from animate>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here! problem seems to be connected to the "walk" behaviour

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please File > Export > Puppet and share it as a link (Creative Cloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) so I could take a closer look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this resolved? I'm encountering the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe they ever followed up with their file, but you can — if you File > Export > Puppet and share it as a link (Creative Cloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) we can take a closer look. Or you can DM it to me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Here's my puppet file that is struggling to wlak

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aWzANWQO7LXSNd6fy9TBD_k9rzIdvV5Q/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/112-i98YuaF9V7tC4z82zYAE4nlyJM9_S/view?usp=sharing

The main thing I noticed was that one handle was tagged as the heel, ankle, and toe - for a simple character like this you can just do the heel. Tagging all of those as one handle threw the walk behavior off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I had the same issue, and this solution worked for me! I had a handle tagged as heel and toe, that was the problem, as soon as I deleted the toe, it worked again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines