• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU Acceleration for Character Animator

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like a no-brainer, but I've read complaints about efficiency on Animate and Character Animator being CPU centric.  

Is there any roadmap towards GPU Hardware Acceleration? Sure, it runs fine on CPU but the work that goes into co-streaming is kind of absurd at this point.  I found a better solution than the multi-laptop NDI approach presented by Adobe (not all co-streamers/guests have Character Animator, the knowledge or even the assets) so housing in one workstation makes more sense.

TOPICS
Feature requests

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% agree on a path to either utilizing the gpu or using multicore. CA is bottlenecking itself on PCs that run Maya, Unreal Engine, etc flawlessly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think the team just modernized the GPU support with Metal on macOS amd DirectX on windows. It's in development on the beta version. 

If my link works you can read up on it here;

https://community.adobe.com/t5/character-animator-beta-discussions/feature-focus-modernized-gpu-supp...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines