• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hair with dangle physics/Independent Eyes moving off character from AI to CA

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I've had this error a couple of times now, and it's fixed itself once or twice, but it's gotten to be an extremely huge issue. In Illustrator, we have a puppet that looks totally fine, layers are great, things are where they're supposed to be, but when it's a puppet in CA, objects are shifted a certain distance and direction, for no discernable reason. Has anyone else had this problem? If anyone has experienced this/knows how to fix it, I can share more media/info of my situation/puppet.

TOPICS
Bugs , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have seen two areas I *suspect* lead to this problem (never sat down and confirmed 100%)

1. If you edit the artwork and it extends out further in one direction than before, then the origin moves. The origin is computed as the center of the extents of the artwork, and ch does things relative to the origin. So it the extents (min and max x and y values) of the artwork change, the center changes, so the artwork looks like it moves inside ch.

2. If you move the root origin then edit the artwork it has felt at times like it also moved in strange ways. Like each edit everything moved by the origin offset or something. But it could have been it was the first point again.

It might be something different, but changing the artwork extents is my belief of the most common cause of artwork moving inside ch. One workaround is to draw a big rectangle bigger than your artwork, make it hidden and independent, then your future edits are less likely to change the artwork extents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines