• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hand Plant

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a character nicely rigged with the standard IK arm behavior, following the standard shoulder-stick-elbow-stick-dragable hand method. The rest of the head and body are controlled by the head with various sticks and pins to dampen the movement of the character to their waist and this works well.

When I drag the hand and leave (Hold in place) it holds but is still subject to movement from the head, torso and body albeit a small amount. Is there a concrete way to plant the hand rock solid?

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and I am very surprised by the lack of discussion concerning this subject which seems to me essential. My character's hand (which is above his thigh) also moves slightly, giving the impression that he is caressing himself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried the pin options in Limb IK? Pinning to "Behavior" or "Scene" may do what you expect.

jsaito_0-1680538815474.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines