Exit

Hand swap trigger ending problem

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I need a help with this problem:

My puppet raises its hand above head. In a middle of movement it swaps hand to point (attention). When I set hand to swap it back to default in the middle of movement down, it flips hand to default before I press the trigger. If I set flip layer end in timeline to whole movement end, it swaps at the beginning of movement down. I just cannot find the way, how to set it up and down alike and reverse.

Thank you for your replies, Me2D

TOPICS
Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

How about selecting Left Hand trigger take and move to another time where you want flipping hand in Timeline?

After Q: Hand flips.

Aftrer_Q.png

Move Triggers -> Left Hand -> Left Hand recorded take in Timeline

move_trigger_take.png

I see Left Hand is default shape while the recorded take (flip) is not under the playhead. It is flipped when the playhead hits the recored take (flip) at new time.

By the way, "Q" (Hip) and "W" (Wave) are associated to the replays. If you'd like to swap Hand(s) only, you can also use "1" (Left H

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if I can understane the problem correctly, but can you check the outpoint of the trigger take to show “point” hand in Timeline?

Here is the example using Chloe template.

When the playhead is over the recorded trigger take, Right Hand point trigger is used.

Point.png

When the playhead is beyond the outpoint of the recorded trigger take, Right Hand trigger goes back to default.

default.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, correct. I will try to explain it in another way...

I used Chloe puppet and recorded movement sequence Wave (W) - Hips (Q).

Just before (Q) her hand looks like this

Chloe 1.png

Just after (Q) look like this

Chloe 2.png

My intension is learn Chloe to swap her hand from default to flip after some time, not at the start of hips trigger. Lets say in the middle of the movement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried grabbing the right edge of the bottom take with the mouse and dragging it over to the right so it overlaps with the other two takes above it in the timeline? (I am not sure what the takes are of as that is clipped off the edge of the screen.) Takes can overlap - just move them or trim the edges as required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does not work. I just want to make it that simple...

Simik 03.png

... but it is wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about selecting Left Hand trigger take and move to another time where you want flipping hand in Timeline?

After Q: Hand flips.

Aftrer_Q.png

Move Triggers -> Left Hand -> Left Hand recorded take in Timeline

move_trigger_take.png

I see Left Hand is default shape while the recorded take (flip) is not under the playhead. It is flipped when the playhead hits the recored take (flip) at new time.

By the way, "Q" (Hip) and "W" (Wave) are associated to the replays. If you'd like to swap Hand(s) only, you can also use "1" (Left Hand/Flip) or "3" (Right Hand/Flip). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, this is the way to do it. I tried to find the way you do not need to do it like this, I mean the puppet`s replay would do it automatically without correction. May be after next update...:-)

Thanks for your time, Me2D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines