• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

hands are in a different position when using dynamic link or when i export as a video

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am perplexed.  I posed my character's arms/hands in character animator and it's exactly what I want.  But when I dynamic link to AE or Premiere the hands are "tweaked" out.  Same thing if I export from ChAn to media encoder.  Everything is fine except for the hands.  They are bent in an awkward position.  Have reriggerd the arms, deleted from AE and Premiere and reimported, but the hands continue to be bent awkwardly.  

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For wrists, I like to rig the forearm sticks to go from the elbow all the way through the wrist into the hand. I've found that keeps the hands from dragging behind the arms or bending at the wrist in ways I don't like. If you want the wrists to flex like an elbow joint, though, I'm guessing that solution wouldn't work for you.

I have had a similar issue with elbows bending differently when exporting or Dynamic Linking. I've resolved it by tinkering with the Bend Strength in the Limb IK behavior... if it was set too low, it would sometimes cause the elbows to flip differently even if it looked right in my CH scene playback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines