• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having issues with head connection and movement

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having multiple serious issues with head connection on multiple puppets. 

On the example I'm showing pictures of,  the head is sort of connected to the body at one point. I don't even have a pin or anything connecting it there. Beyond that, even if I have the "attach to" on auto, it won't show anwhere green to connect to anything. Any help would be much appreciated as Character Animator went from being game changing for me, to almost ruining my assets (wanting to smash every computer I use it on!) Please help!

TOPICS
Bugs , Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

For "Attach To" to work the artwork has to overlap. E.g. put a half circle behind the head as a neck for the head to attach to.

If you want the head along the collar to stay connected to the head (and stretch rather than swivel independently) then don't use inpdendence. Remove the "+" from the quarter profile layer. Independence is when you want a layer to move without affecting the parent (it will swivel over the attach point). Don't use independence if you want them to stick together.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For "Attach To" to work the artwork has to overlap. E.g. put a half circle behind the head as a neck for the head to attach to.

If you want the head along the collar to stay connected to the head (and stretch rather than swivel independently) then don't use inpdendence. Remove the "+" from the quarter profile layer. Independence is when you want a layer to move without affecting the parent (it will swivel over the attach point). Don't use independence if you want them to stick together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much. I forget when that changed (the head profile connection) but it's been haunting me until now, hopefully I'll remember!  Thx again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines