Having trouble with face deforming- want it to be a solid piece with no stretching

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ll2XqrgCso&feature=youtu.be

Hi there! I'm having some difficulties with my rig in Character Animator. The face is stretching and deforming with the movements, and I'm trying to figure out how to have the face not track left-to-right movements. Ideally, I'm trying to only get the head to rotate up and down on the rig (as in on the pivot), without tracking if I turn my head right or left.

Is there any way to make that possible?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For deformation, I suggest turning the mesh on in the scene window. That can help pinpoint handles on the puppet that are locking down movement, resulting in the deformation.

I don’t think the Face behavior with webcam gives you the ability to track Y movement but not X movement. You can put a Transform behavior on the head and do it yourself without the web cam, then you could use a MIDI device with a slider to control the head up/down. Just not using the Face behavior to my knowledge. (There are a few strength settings in the Face behavior you can fiddle with.)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines