Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Head and body = single shape possible?

Participant ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I have a quick question: does a puppet necessarily have a folder for the head and a folder for the body?

I'm asking because I have an idea for a new puppet where the head and body are made up of a single shape.

With the handles, I would then define the head in the upper area and the body in the lower area.

Is Ch right to do so? Has any of you had any experience with it?

Many Thanks!!!

Gabi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

I took a photo of a kid’s toy (a wookie), cropped out the background, then added sticks and handles to move legs around etc. I then put eyes and mouth over the top. So the whole body is a single group. Works fine.

Here is a demo result: Wookies! - YouTube  - everyting is a single image except for eyes and mouth. That may be more extreme than you need, but just an example.

This blog post has a butterfly puppet: https://extra-ordinary.tv/2018/02/04/butterflies-and-poppies/  - again, just showing “p

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably depends on what behaviors you're going to use, and how you want it to look. Dangle, draggable, breathe, some physics, lip sync, eye gaze, and triggers might be okay. Walk and Face, not so much. Here's a quick example where only the eyes, eyebrows and mouth are in their own groups.

BodyHead.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took a photo of a kid’s toy (a wookie), cropped out the background, then added sticks and handles to move legs around etc. I then put eyes and mouth over the top. So the whole body is a single group. Works fine.

Here is a demo result: Wookies! - YouTube  - everyting is a single image except for eyes and mouth. That may be more extreme than you need, but just an example.

This blog post has a butterfly puppet: https://extra-ordinary.tv/2018/02/04/butterflies-and-poppies/  - again, just showing “puppet” can be anything. The flowers are also puppets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you both for the quick answer. Then I want to try it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines