• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Head disconnects from Body

Participant ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I put the body layer (in Illustrator) under the +WhobutChris layer as one whole layer, the hoodie disappears in Character Animator. So I made it it's own layer and now it won't move, but the head will.

Character Animator Help.pngCharacter Animator Help.pngCharacter Animator Help 3.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

I would check out some of the sample puppets with head turns. I cannot remember if you are meant to put the Head layer inside each of the turn profiles... I cannot remember to be honest.

Ahhh! I kept thinking "Hoodie" meant "over the head" like a hat, but you really mean "the body".

Generally Hat and Body should not be at the top level. They need to be inside +WhoplusChris, even if hidden (eyeball off). Advanced puppets can have more than one root - but I have never done it myself (and it causes

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally there should be a single root, +Whobutchris. Inside is generally Head and Body. I would normally put Hat inside the Head layer so it follows the head. You have head turns I see - so I would put a copy of the hat inside each head turn as it will display one of the turns at a time, hiding the other children. If you put Hat next to the profiles, that might be why the hat disappeared (the profiles might have taken it as a different profile so hid it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I mean when I say the head disconnects. I don't want the hat included right now. The neck and head disconnects from the hoodie. I was wondering if the Body layer was misplaced.

Character Animator Help 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, when I included the Body layer with the +WhobutChris layer, the hoodie always disappears in Ch. Animator.

Character Animator Help 4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would check out some of the sample puppets with head turns. I cannot remember if you are meant to put the Head layer inside each of the turn profiles... I cannot remember to be honest.

Ahhh! I kept thinking "Hoodie" meant "over the head" like a hat, but you really mean "the body".

Generally Hat and Body should not be at the top level. They need to be inside +WhoplusChris, even if hidden (eyeball off). Advanced puppets can have more than one root - but I have never done it myself (and it causes problems). Once you have that structure, can you share a rigging hierarchy screenshot again to confirm if its still playing up? It is strange the body is disappearing... (I assume the hoodie is the body...?)

Oh, and with the 3 head profiles with a "+", that means the heads are independent. That is telling CH "if you move the head, do not move the body". You need to remove the "+" if you want head movements to move the body - that is probably your issue reading back to the original post (sorry, I misunderstood)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I just duplicated the body (hoodie) layer and added it to the quarter layers and that solved it. Character Animator Help 6.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Two alternative pieces of advice:

• That should not be necessary - dig in to learn what you are doing wrong
  • You got it working - get on with your life because time is short

Your call! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines