Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Head is pulling left and right

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
New to community and love what this program can do but I've encountered an issue.

I thought it would be fun to have the character explain.

https://youtu.be/aOqSqHHEHQM

I'd like the head to stay still and only have the eyes and mouth move. Any help would be appreciated. I've searched through the forums but not finding anything similar.

And here's an image of my settings

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 5.07.16 PM.png

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool puppet!

Here's a few things I would try. Have you tried experimenting with the face settings? They can be found on the right of screen under 'Face'. There you can limit the head position, scale, tilt etc. So if you want to limit movement, that might be your answer?

You could also try raising that fixed tag higher or place a stick in the neck to restrict the bending. You could also play with your head pivot point. In rig mode, select the head layer and then position the pivot point where you want pivoting to happen.

Hope something there works for ya!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll give those settings a shot. I did try a stick in the neck but it didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-05-16 at 2.47.55 PM.png

Just to be sure. You mean here right? And I'm guessing head tilt strength?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. Those settings will limit the amount the head will move when you move on camera. Just have a play with them to see if they are getting you closer to what you are after. My guess is 'head position' set to a low number should hold the head in place and still give you some head tilt. You can always move them back to defaults if that isn't giving you the outcome you're after.

If you play with them in your scene, there is a nice little button that will appear (when you hover over it to the left of the setting), that will allow you to push the settings across to your puppet as new defaults. Saves heaps of time.

Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly that didn't work.

Is there a way to just off all movement like that so the background stays static?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you placed the stick in the neck did you make it fixed? I just knocked up a quick mockup and that seemed to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am surprised setting Head Position Strength, Head Tilt Strength, and Head Scale Strength to zero had no effect. They control ther web came strength over the head movement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines