• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Head moving with camera

Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my project, the head is moving with the camera across the screen, while still connected to the body, making a very long neck.

There is a head turner behaviour which works, but I would like the head to just turn on it's axis, not to the side of the screen.

If I add a Fixed Pin, it just distorts the head and stretches from that individual point. Is there a way to make the head fixed, without pinning ?

Here is a Youtube link to what I am talking about:

Character Animator Head Distortion - YouTube

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

It seems to me like something is pinning down the Body group - a fixed handle somewhere maybe? The way it bends and "sticks" in the top part of the chest and detaches from the arms seems to suggest this...

Worst case scenario, File > Export > Puppet and share it as a link (Creative Cloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) so we could take a closer look.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your head a warp independent object? In the Puppet panel, does the Head group have a Crown next to it? If so , try turning this off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, none of the head layers have a crown in Character Animator or a + Next to them in Illustrator, apart from eyeballs and eyebrows in sub-layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, try adding the Crown to the Head Group and see what result you get now? Please let me know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to me like something is pinning down the Body group - a fixed handle somewhere maybe? The way it bends and "sticks" in the top part of the chest and detaches from the arms seems to suggest this...

Worst case scenario, File > Export > Puppet and share it as a link (Creative Cloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) so we could take a closer look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for that you two. The answer seems to have been that I had some fixed pins in the Body group as well as head. I removed all fixed pins and seems to be working fine now. I added the crown to the head group and it floats off in space. When I added it to the Sub Head groups though, worked normally. Anyway, case closed...thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines