• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Head Not Moving in Adobe Character Animator

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Initially, the whole body (with the table included) would move, so I went into rig mode and used the pin tool. As you can see, I added the pins to the table so it wouldn't move. Now, my character doesn't move at all. Really, I just want the head to be able to move slightly. Nothing else. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong.Help 1.jpgScreen Shot 2020-12-18 at 6.32.02 PM.png

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally you have one root layer with everything inside, but you have many layers at the top (not nested). For the head to move, there needs to be a layer tagged as "head" (which is done automatically if a layer has 'head' in its name). With so many layers not nested, it's not clear the puppet nested structure.

I suggest you go with the more traditional structure, with the table added, something more like...

+My Puppet Name

-  Head

-  Arms (because should appear in front of table)

-  +Table (independent so does not move, or don't make independent and use all the pins and sticks like you do to stop from moving)

-  Body (because should appear behind table)

The exact structure depends on whether you want the character to move behind the desk or not. you may be fine just making everything not independent, but making sure you have the head tagged so it moves, and all the sticks and pins like you did to stop the bottom from moving. If you make the table independent, you still need to pin the bottom to the feet of the character so it does not move, or mark as 'free' instead of hinge etc as the attach to mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am wondering why the desk would be in the body category since it is not part of the body? Shouldn't that be on its own and above the body?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not good at English, so I used translation software.
So I may not have understood your point correctly. But I will answer.

On the layer composition
Place the desk between the arms and the body.
because otherwise the arms will be hidden.IMG_5187.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines