Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Head turner causing facial distortion

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there!

My puppet's face is distorting in weird ways whenever I try to integrate head turns. I've compared the files to some example puppets and I haven't figured out what I'm doing wrong. I even tried applying the Face behavior to each head view group, but no luck.

Here's what the front view looks like:

6-21-2017 4-57-16 PM.jpg

And here's what the head turn looks like:

6-21-2017 4-57-48 PM.jpg

It's supposed to just be a slight nudging of the facial features. I think something is going wrong with the face tracking that's causing all the features to stretch when I move my head. Any ideas what the problem might be?

(Link to the puppet file)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

In every view you have a layer called "head base" which is getting automatically tagged as a Head, causing issues (CH thinks you have a ton of heads when really all you want is 1). If you rename that layer and/or remove that tag it should be reliable.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In every view you have a layer called "head base" which is getting automatically tagged as a Head, causing issues (CH thinks you have a ton of heads when really all you want is 1). If you rename that layer and/or remove that tag it should be reliable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, you were right on the money! It's working fine now. Thank you for the speedy response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the impression that you could avoid a ton of problems and support questions if Ch had some sort of controlling within the puppet panel or wherever.

Like I get a green or red marking here if the language algorithm thinks I misspelled something.

Toggle on off would be great so that given I really want 4 heads and 6 L and R visemes for some reason and I don't want to be reminded constantly, but that way I could understand issues easier and/or track down unwanted tags without going through basically every layer…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, we could do tons of improvements to help identify potential issues for users.

There's going to be some really cool stuff in the next version along these lines actually...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, I'm having a similar issue. here can I find the "head base"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines