• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Head turner quarterview with added cycle layers doesn't loop backward.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have this problem with the cycle layers head movement i'm trying to recreate form the Character Animator Tips & Tricks (October 2017) video. ( Character Animator Tips & Tricks (October 2017) - YouTube )

In this video Lynne Mitchell created a cycle layer head movement for some smooth head turns. Now i have this problem where the head turns smooth when i look to the left or right, it runs trough te cycle layers as it should. But when i look straightforward again it pops back, without the going trough the cycle layers. I did check the Forward and Reverse box but it doesn' t runs trough the cycle layers again when i look straightforward again. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Yes! i found the solution, I had to place the +frontal group layer below the other view groups. Now it runs smooth both ways!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! i found the solution, I had to place the +frontal group layer below the other view groups. Now it runs smooth both ways!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a couple years later, but thanks for sharing this!  I remembered seeing this video, but didn't need it at the time and couldn't find it when I needed it.   Thanks as well for sharing the importance of the layer order! You probably saved me a couple hours of troubleshooting!

"Be Excellent to Each Other." William Preston Esquire & Theodore Logan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines