• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HEAD TURNER - without body moving

Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a cartoon with Front, Right, and Left walking profiles. How can I make the head move from left to right without the body moving? How can you set this up  as a trigger?

Thanks

TOPICS
How to , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 27, 2020 Jun 27, 2020

I would suggest looking at a sample puppet, but basically you create profiles of the head under a group and put the head turner in that. If you only have profiles of the full body head turner cannot do anything. You can separate the head from body for turning, or put head turns inside each walk profile. (Or only do head turns in standing profile.) but you need to provide the alternative profiles yourself.

note there are "shared puppets" so you can share a head with head turner and load that into

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest looking at a sample puppet, but basically you create profiles of the head under a group and put the head turner in that. If you only have profiles of the full body head turner cannot do anything. You can separate the head from body for turning, or put head turns inside each walk profile. (Or only do head turns in standing profile.) but you need to provide the alternative profiles yourself.

note there are "shared puppets" so you can share a head with head turner and load that into each walk profile to reduce the total effort of rigging face for each body and head profile combination

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have looked at a sample puppet, like you said, and have got it working..... just need to work on the art work to get kit smooth 🙂 thanks 🙂 I| just read more into shared puppets to save time,,, good tip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines