Head Turns as Triggers for Swap Sets

Participant ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm fairly new to Ch (and PSD really) and would like my character's ears to appear behind the face in Frontal view but move slightly in front of the face when the head turns--this is a parallax head. I don't see a way to trigger a layer to change its heirarchy, and if I create an Ears group with head turn behavior, they would of course all be stuck in the same heirarchy. Unless someone knows otherwise, it seems like swap sets of copies of the ear art is the only way to go...

I've more or less gotten it to work but only with button triggers, and I'd really like the trigger for the swap sets to be the actual head turns. Can I do this? I did watch Digital Puppets' short video on something similar but could not get it to work, so it seems I may be missing one key piece of info.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found a workaround for this, and I'll post a more detailed descrition as "Parallax Ears," but it's really swapping ears for a parallax head. Basically, I created two groups of ears (one above and one below the face) and added Head Turn behavior to each as a semi-swap set.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines