• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

!!! Headturn Behavior (extra Layers at Wendigo Puppet) ??

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I have just tried to add the Headturn Behavior to my puppet, but it doesn't react as it should.

The Wendigo figure (Adobe Stock Puppets) has 5 extra layers, Origin, Chest, fixed 2 and fixed 1 and mesh extender.

What do they do and how do I rebuild them?

As I said, the Headturn doesn't work clean for me. (The eyes don't stay inside the eyeballs) and sometimes the whole head deforms.

here are the Projectfiles.

https://we.tl/t-oe4G9boafd

What to do ?

I'd be grateful for a quick answer.

Beni

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to download but it came up as being "corrupt" for me. Not sure why. Could you go to the "File" menu and pick "Export Puppet" for the puppet and export that? I think you might have zipped the whole project directly while still open in CH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yes sorry,

here is the exported puppet file

https://we.tl/t-OBY63j20XU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jotting down notes as I go:

• There is no Head Turner behavior on the left/right profiles (only the first one) - you will need to add them as well I guess
  • The "Right Eye" is actually the puppets "Left Eye" - you have them backwards. The names should reflect the character's perspective, not that of the viewer.
  • The "Right Pupil Range" is not right - its too big. Might be some stray pixels somewhere in the layer.
  • Doing the same inside Photoshop (sorry, I am not very good with Photoshop!) - I hid all the layers other they the right eyeball then selected "move" - see how the rectangle is so big? That is suspicious
  • I don't know how to view the extra pixels, but if you lasso around the eye then CTRL-SHIFT-I it inverses the selection, then you can hit "DEL" to delete the other pixels. Doing that results in:
  • After saving that, the ranges look better in CH

• But its still not great:
  • To overcome that one, I suggest you create a new oval (e.g. the whites of the eyes) in a separate layer, maybe hide it (it can be invisible), to restrict the pupils better.

If you want a video, see also Project Wookie - YouTube episode 21 - its the same problem. (Some of the previous episodes talk about eyes as well.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay thank you very much.

The one with the pixels I have fixed and have the eyes correctly tagged

Just add contour and rotate up until the invisible pixels are visible.

Back to the question with the extra layers at the wendigo puppet, what are they for ?

Here you can see the puppet.

https://we.tl/t-O4TwNnrgYT

Best regards B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines