Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Heels are pinned to the ground with Limb IK? Visual error for mirroring feet

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

starmies4_0-1608228722798.png

Here is my issue. I am creating this rig and for some reason after I activate Limbs IK, the heel AND toe points are stuck to the ground and I get this weird distortion if I drag my draggable.

Here is my setup:

starmies4_1-1608228788589.png

starmies4_2-1608228807414.png

I am not sure how to handle the fact that I have two different feet directions. Maybe that's what is messing something up. But I need to have one puppet who can turn his feet both ways (mirroring).

Any advice is much appreciated, thank you.

Also as a second question, is there any handler for easy rotation of hands etc. in the Scene editor? What's the best way to go about to animate hands and feet rotation?

TOPICS
Camera , FAQ , Puppet movement , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used translation software to translate Japanese into English.

I tried to make a puppet that I think you would like.
(1) I used ”Limb IK" for the arms and legs.
(2) You can change the direction of the legs by pressing 1 and 2 on the keyboard.
However, I didn't see any symptoms in your puppet.

Can you upload your puppet to dropbox or something?
A closer look at your puppet might help.
Thank you.

Video explanation (Japanese)

https://youtu.be/iNrVUVs6kQI

You can download my puppet here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t8mc9ga3iroq77c/Limb_IK_sample.puppet?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice you have handles done differently on the left and right legs. Eg there are 3 handles on the two triggers for the right foot, but none on the left leg. I am wondering if the extra handles on both triggers are causing a problem. Normally you have a different profile for walking left and right rather than just swapping the foot - eg somewhere higher up in the hierarchy you have a Left Profile and a Right Profile layer, with a Standing profile for facing forward. I would have a look at some of the walk tutorial videos. What you are doing is an int4resting idea though... it's just i think the handles do not go away just because a layer is not triggered, so your right foot has two sets of tags for the same concepts, as far as ch is concerned, which gets it confused. That is not happening on the left foot - but it will get the toe wrong when walking the other direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey There!

I know this is an old post, but I encountered a similar situation but I found a fix. 🙂 

I have a very complicated puppet with 5 views and multiple foot swaps. My puppet also has both the Limb IK and Walk behaviours, and it walks in 4 views. 

The thing that was causing my feet to be pinned was SO SIMPLE and I feel like a doofus for missing the issue.  lol I had "pin feet when standing" during the walk behaviour controls. 

Not sure if this can help you, or anyone else but I thought I'd share. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines