• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Held in place draggers look fine in preview but when recorded flip and invert?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am working on a facial rig to be able to make eyebrow movements with the mouse. I managed to get them to go up and down individually and angle from their centered origin (with a hinge attachment). My issue is that I've add a third draggable handle to the mix to provide some minor bending at the inner brows if desired. I am able to get it to look right in the previewer, however once I record it plays as the opposite. 

Screenshot 2022-08-20 192144.pngScreenshot 2022-08-20 192259.pngScreenshot 2022-08-20 192405.png 

I attempted to add a fourth handle towards the tail end of the brow and was successful in getting it to record properly - however in attempting to make good records it seems like I need to touch every single dragger on the eyebrow at every keyframe which makes consistency more tedious. Does anyone have any recommendations of what can be done better?

(also yes my eyes are in their own layer, it had to do with making stuff draggable w/o camera input (before realizing the mouse input option can be used on my fully camera functional puppet). 

Please see this drive link for my project. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16GmJp5tozXbcR_13dHwwVRajxe8XRpUb?usp=sharing

I appreciate any tips. Thanks.

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see in your Rigging Issues there's a dragger behavior, seemingly at the root level, that can't find any dragger instances. I would remove this behavior in case it's making things go wonky. I see you've set up multiple dragger behaviors so you can see your previous recordings + live data, which makes sense. When watching playback, you may also want to turn off the red dot next to your character name in the timeline to ensure you're only seeing recorded data and not realtime live stuff.

Yeah, Dragger is a weird behavior, and it's easy to get confused about the live vs. recorded states of it. For me personally, I usually use one behavior and do the "move every dragger slightly" treatment like you were saying with the four handles to ensure what I see is what I get. Tedious? Absolutely. But unfortunately that's a current limitation of dragger.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much, Dave! I removed the dragger behavior from the puppet's root menu - unfortunately the issue still presents itself. It's too bad! I wish I could better understand why it would look that way but then record the opposite way. But it's all good - I can either deal without or maybe just use the extra draggers in select pieces only. Thank you!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Live tracking was also disabled for this entire setup (since the user won't have a camera available). Still though - it makes sense now that you mention it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines