• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help creating walk cycle for Ramirez Puppet

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Trying to practice creating a walk cycle with the Ramirez Puppet. I've followed the videos (created the walk behavior + tagged the body parts), but can't seem to get it to work. I've also tried with Wilk with no luck. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if these characters don't have the right attributes to execute a successful walk cycle (i.e., legs are too short?)?

Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, Ramirez was made before the walk cycle and probably not the best example of this (short feet, no knees, 3/4 view character, etc). Wilk is a little better but was also made before Walk. Walkbot from the Start panel is undoubtedly the best example to look at, and we have a few other examples like Maddie from http://adobe.com/go/chexamples and Evans and Acquavella from http://okaysamurai.com/puppets/. I would say the best characters are ones with clear independent legs and arms, and are in a profile view - unfortunately that won't apply to all puppets. In the future we hope to expand Walk to work with more characters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, thanks for the confirmation. Keep up the great work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also playing with wilk. How can I modify him to walk?

I renamed his legs and tagged the parts. I tried a bunch of different things but no luck.

Is the problem that the profile shows up under a layer called "+Turn Triggered"?

Any advice as to how to make this work would be great.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You got me curious about having Wilk walk, so after some trial and error I did get this far

WilkWalk_003.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me what I was doing wrong? Or maybe send me the file so I can figure out myself what I was missing?

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you. I will try again. I can not open your puppet as I get this message. I think I am up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were correct. Once I added the walk behavior to the turn triggered layer it worked.

thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about the confusion. I removed that post.

Wilk walking in the snow was done with the Photoshop version of the puppet; So I would like to know more details about how you got the Ai version working. I've found that it will work only with two instances of the walk behavior added -- a Walk [Wilk] and a Walk [Turn Triggered], but it responds to only the Walk [Wilk}. If I have just one or the other it doesn't work. How did you do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found that it only works if both have the behavior applied. Now to figure out how to go the other direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines