• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

help getting started

Engaged ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I am so excited about character animator! Great work here! I've wanted to follow along with its development for the past year but unfortunately I have been busy with other work and am only just now getting started. I know there have been rapid developments and deprecations though, so I'm wondering: where is the best place to start? Are the manuals/user guides being kept up to date with each new release? Should I instead begin with oksamurai's youtube videos first? From the beginning or only the recent vids? Other tut vids? Any advice for getting caught up would be much appreciated. I'm hoping to avoid watching a lot of videos/reading tutorials only to find out they are speaking of deprecated features or techniques.

​

​Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The user guides are up to date as far as I know. The older the video, the more likely to be out of date - but most does not change. Staples are done differently - so that is a sign of an old video. Looking at sample puppets and trying to understand them (and make little changes) then reading the user guide to learn more is one approach.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I am looking at all the different resources, just wondering if there's an authoritative one. Sounds like I'd be best to stick to the user guides for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2018 Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The adobe guides are authoritative- but I find things like the tips and tricks videos easier to consume. There are not that many resources around that I know of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 05, 2018 Jul 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To be quite honest, there is not a lot of information about USING the characters. It's about creating the characters. I actually bought my characters, but I've had to really learn inch by inch, hour by hour, how to use them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines