• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help, I've gone an broke my puppet!

Enthusiast ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I needed to go in and do some alignment and fine tuning on the hands in Illustrator ( see screensshot ) In order to see what I was doing i needed to remove the default artwork in "Left Hand 1" temporarily, so Command X'd it, and made my edits to the individual hand swap sublayers. When I pasted the default hand back in, it came in as a group, "Unnamed". now in CH the default hand is always there, not disappearing when the trigger key is pressed. (the triggered position appears behind)

First thing I tried was to ungroup "unnamed" so it went back to paths and I arranged them as they are in the still working correctly right hand.

So wondering if theres a way to fix this, or a better methodology in making my illustrator edits, as i still need to make those adjustments in the right hand.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Why is your Right Hand 2 trigger under the Left Hand swapset? 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I realized I can deactivate visibility on the individual "paths" so that i can see the sublayers underneath, but the puppets left hand is still broke

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is your Right Hand 2 trigger under the Left Hand swapset? 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

haha you saw that? That was a reuslt of a mis-labeled layer when i first built. ( there was a lot of copy/pasting going on) I renamed the layer, deleted that trigger and re-created one with the proper name. That may have been part of the problem but my default hand is still visible while swapping...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rearranged a few things and got it working again. Problem was getting it to recognize that layer as "default" in the actual swapset.

The effected layer was not showing under "layer" at the bottom, when default was clicked. Deleted the trigger (again) and recreated it, moved it to the top of the list and I'm back in business! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cool. I am guessing Ch deleted the trigger (and removed it from swapset) when you redid the hand. Yes, the default has to be in the swapset for it to turn it off when a different trigger in the swapset is selected. Glad you got it working again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines