• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help in rigging! (it's about layers)

Engaged ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am stuck in this situation (I hope I can describe it properly)

I have a puppet which I want her head to be moving (e.g. rotatable). She has a long hair, so this is the layer I made:
(by order)
1. Head (everything but the back hair)
2. Body
3. Back Hair

If I apply transform behavior to the head, the back hair will not be affected, which is not something I want. I want both the head and the back hair using the same transform behavior. I tried to apply another transform behavior to the Back Hair layer and do the same transformation (e.g. the same 9 degree rotation), but the result is not the same, like there was a space/gap between them. Probably due to the center/pivot point?

If I move the Back Hair layer into the same Head layer, it will cause some part of the Back Hair (it's a long hair) will cover the body and cause her to look like a moslem woman.

If I put together everything in one layer, well, of course, the body will also move following the transform behavior, which something I don't want to have.

I tried to put everything together in one layer (with the exact same layer order) and then made the Body layer as Independent, thinking it will not move following the other layers in that same layer which the body is, but the body was still moving following the applied Transform behavior.

How can I get around on this?

In a nutshell, how can I make a specific layer won't be affected by its parents' layer in transform behavior?

Thank you!

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some long threads on this in the past trying to solve it. You can search for things like "rear hair" if you want to find them. My advice is now: if you want rear hair that goes behind the body, give up on having the head independent.

I did get one approach to kinda work, but no way was i going to trying and explain / support someone doing it in the forums! 🙂 What it involved was in the artwork file duplicating the whole puppet so you had +Sally and +Sally2. You then double rigged everything in both layers so there are two moving puppets. You feed the same keyboard and camera inputs effectively into two puppets and hope they move in perfect unison. You then hide most layers except the rear hair the the puppet behind, and you hid the hair in the puppet in front. It never stayed in perfect sync for me, but it was the only idea that came close. Good luck if you try it!!!! I just stuck with not having independent heads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I decided to make the backhair pivot from the same position as the head and then I copied the keyframes applied to the head to the back hair, thus creating the illusion:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines