• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help making a character clap

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to character animator and am having trouble making a chapter clap. I know that I can can record a trigger one arm at a time but it still isn't looking quite right especially since the palms don't actually come together. Any tips on a simpler way to do it while having the hands look natural? Thanks! 

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wouldn't do this with dragging arms around. Too hard to line up the hands and get the timing right.

The way I would do it is to make your arms a swappable set. Then create a folder/layer (in photoshop or illustrator) called 'Clapping'. Then create several folders/layers of sequential numbers (01/02/03/04) going from a clap state to an open state. Then in Character Animator, add the 'Clapping' layer to the arms swap set. Select the 'Clapping' layer - then add a cycle layers behaviour. You want to turn 'Foward and Reverse' on - so the clapping will loop backward and forward. You can experiment with the frame rate to adjust the speed.

Hope that helps!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines