• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP on How to transform entire puppet as a trigger?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to make it so my puppet switches poses, but I want it to bounce while switching. None of my poses are dynamic and they are all just still drawn bodies. I want it to be just like the first 3 seconds of this video: https://youtu.be/5kAN7yw7Qfg

I want it to be in a trigger, so when I hit my keys to switch to different poses it does a little bounce. how do I do this? 

I know there is a transform behavior but idk how to make it be triggered with a trigger, let alone be animated. Im hoping to make it like

-have pointing pose

-press trigger

-body squashes down

-body squashes up

-NEW POSE

Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , Puppet movement , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

THANK YOU alank99101739

I after some messing around using your idea of replays. to solve this issue I

Made my animation bounce using keyframes. You can then select the specific keyframes you want. In my situation I selected only the Y Scale keyframes. Then right click on them and select

"create replay and trigger from keyframes"

Then assign it your trigger key.

if you want that and something else to happen then just apply the same trigger key to both

THANK YOU.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Triggers can trigger different sorts of things.

• You can may a layer appear
  • With a swapset added you can make one of alternative layers appear (e.g. different hand positions)
  • You can trigger a cycle layers to play, where you draw the artwork frame by frame yourself
  • You can trigger a replay, where you pre-record something (can be multiple behaviors involved) and play it back later

Just replacing artwork (the most common trigger) will not result in bounce. You can draw all the frames yourself (cycle layers), but what I would recommend exploring is having a dragger and things like springiness, then recording the sequence in a "Replay" that you can then trigger later. This involves you recording a scene with the effect you want, then turning it into a trigger to replay later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First off thank you for your response

The problem with drawing it frame by frame is that my lip synced mouth and eyes would not move as the body moved. I would get the bounce and the switch but my characters face and features would stay stagnant. If theres a way to somehow animate them to move down then up with a trigger, that might be fix. Do you know a way to do that?

Also to see your main point, how would I go about recording something and making it into a trigger? Is there a video you could link? BUT ALSO is it possible to only save parts of the recording? Like only save the Y  scale value?

sorry this is difficult to explain but i hope im making sense.

Like, I have around 5 different poses, if i cant just use the Y scale as a trigger wouldn't i have to record every possible variation to make into a trigger?

Basically would i have to record

standing to pointing

pointing to standing

pointing to thumbs up

thumbs up to standing

standing to pointing

ETC ETC ETC

and would those recordings also do a weird snap? like say I am leaning all the way to the right with my head in the camera then i want to give a thumbs up, I press the trigger, and the puppet snaps to the standing straight up (cuz i recorded the preset replay while my face was in center frame) then it would snap back to my face on the right again?

I feel its so simple, like you can literally change the y scale of the puppet in the record section but i need to know how to make like...hmm like key frames of

Y scale = 110

Y scale = 90

Y scale = 100

and just apply that to a trigger

is that possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess the easier way to explain this would be

how do i make my puppet do a bounce animation by changing its Y scale value in transform, and make that  trigger so i can make my character do a little bounce on command.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU alank99101739

I after some messing around using your idea of replays. to solve this issue I

Made my animation bounce using keyframes. You can then select the specific keyframes you want. In my situation I selected only the Y Scale keyframes. Then right click on them and select

"create replay and trigger from keyframes"

Then assign it your trigger key.

if you want that and something else to happen then just apply the same trigger key to both

THANK YOU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines