• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP - TypeError: Cannot read property 'internal' of undefined Error code: (treeOfMatrix.js:256)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I'm recieving this error code that stops the "record" screen from updating in real-time. It hasn't crashed the program, but it did stop it from saving properly initially. It happens whenever I select a new layer, it's non-destructive, but it does get in the way, and will stop me from being productive.

If anyone understands this error please help!

-Paul

Capture.PNG

TOPICS
Bugs , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

There used to be a bug that caused javascript errors due to handles not being inside the artwork layer the handle was on. It was a bug in the puppet, but it caused the software to fail at times. It might be another similar bug? That is some uncommon strange thing in the puppet causing the application to crash.

Suggestion: export puppet to a file, import it, see if copy still has bug. If yes, delete half the puppet - still see the error? Undo and delete the other half of the puppet. Still an erro

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:
Uninstalling, re-installing the previous version, and then restarting had fixed the issue, but I'm still interested if anyone has insight into how this would be resolved otherwise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There used to be a bug that caused javascript errors due to handles not being inside the artwork layer the handle was on. It was a bug in the puppet, but it caused the software to fail at times. It might be another similar bug? That is some uncommon strange thing in the puppet causing the application to crash.

Suggestion: export puppet to a file, import it, see if copy still has bug. If yes, delete half the puppet - still see the error? Undo and delete the other half of the puppet. Still an error? I often do that to spot parts of a puppet with strange tags or handles i did not notice. But i normally do to a copy of the puppet in case i break the original puppet by accident!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gah! Thank you!
I stuck with versioning down, but this is something that's going to help with an error I'm revieving now. I don't know why I didn't see an email with your reply, but I really, really appreciate your help, dude!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines