• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with Profile views & shareables

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, just looking for some tips on improving my workflow with multiple character views.

I want to understand why its neccessary to duplicate head / body layers across multiple profile views? Is it purely for a walk cycle?

For my setup I wont be needing a walk cycle, so this is my setup:

Character

+ Frontal

Head (shareable) -Head Turner

Body

+ Left

Head (shareable) -Head Turner

Body

+Right

Head (shareable) -Head Turner

Body

This results in so many triggers in the record view, its a bit frustrating.

However, what do I lose in this setup below?:

Character

Head

+Frontal

+Left etc

Body

+Frontal

+Left etc

Then I only want to use triggers to switch views, Head and Body separate. (Left Profile,. Left Quarter etc) to minimise the amount of triggers in the record view.

Does this make sense? In the current setup when I record and trigger views I get a separate trigger layer for each head in each profile and makes it a little confusing.

Thanks for any help.

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your suggested set up makes complete sense if you don't need the walk behavior. The walk behavior is more of "standing" and "left/right walking". But if you just want different profiles for the body, it is absolutely fine to separate head turner from body turning.

(I don't *think* that works with Walk behavior because it wants to move the head as it walks, so it gets a bit confused if the walk profiles do not contain the head.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thankyou! The other limitation is the "shareables" not having their triggers shared, however I can see by searching that this has been requested quite a bit so Ill wait for that 🙂

As you say Ill keep everything under one folder for now, and if I need a walk puppet I can always prepare a new one.

Im curious even after nesting everything should the tags themselves work enough for the walk cycle. I will find out 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines