• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Her eyes won't open

Enthusiast ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I built my puppet in Illustrator. I have been fooling around for days. I cannot get her eyes to open. I've run out of things to try.

Screen Shot 2020-06-21 at 12.03.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-21 at 12.01.59 PM.png

 Any ideas?

TOPICS
How to , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

I noticed that in the layers you had Pupil Range ahead of the Pupil. If Pupil Range has any color in it, it would hide the pupils.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try hiding the blink layer (turn off eyeball icon).

Then make sure the behavior controlling blink (do you use autoblink?) has found that layer. Look in behavior in properties panel, then look in handles sections (try rue gaze and face behavior too - I don't remember which it is in). If you see blink with 0 next to it, there is a tagging problem. The behavior did not find the layer to control 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, just noticed left blink is inside left blinks inside left eye. I think the blink layer must be an immediate child of left eye. It hides all the siblings - I don't think you can nest it deeper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I threw out everything (in Illustrator) but the bare necessities and the eyes finally showed up when they were supposed to. I guess I'll have to add in the extras a different way. Thank you so much for responding. Your analysis really helped me 'cut to the chase'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I noticed that in the layers you had Pupil Range ahead of the Pupil. If Pupil Range has any color in it, it would hide the pupils.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines