• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hi i dowloaded the IntroToRigging files from the Beginner but The motion library is not working

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I downloaded the IntroToRigging files from the Beginner Tutorials but the motion library is not working on all chracters. The motion library is not working at the  03_sidesample although I aded the motion library to the same layer at the rig mode with the body and the limb ik. It does work on the 15_body tracking. Thak you.screenshot_problem.jpg (i have the latest version 2023 22.5 )

TOPICS
Bugs , FAQ , Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Because "Intro to Rigging" is structured to start simple and gradually add on more rigging components, the earlier simple ones are more challenging to complete the full-body rigging required for Motion Library. I recommend going through the rigging part of OkaySamurai's Motion Library tutorial video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTevkEadskk&t=1091s

To be specific about what is missing with this 03_sidesample, here are the absolutely mandatory steps:

1. Add handles and tag them with body tags

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because "Intro to Rigging" is structured to start simple and gradually add on more rigging components, the earlier simple ones are more challenging to complete the full-body rigging required for Motion Library. I recommend going through the rigging part of OkaySamurai's Motion Library tutorial video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTevkEadskk&t=1091s

To be specific about what is missing with this 03_sidesample, here are the absolutely mandatory steps:

1. Add handles and tag them with body tags (Neck, Waist, Left/Right Wrists, Elbows, Shoulders, Hips, Knees, Heels, and Toes)
  2. Make "Left Leg" and "Right Leg" layers crowned (independent)
  3. Adjust the positioning of "Left Arm," "Right Arm," "Left Leg," and "Right Leg" layer origins
  4. Add Limb IK, Body, and Motion Library behaviors

Additionally, for a better-looking result, you will want to

1. Put stick handles through rigid parts of arms, legs, and feet
  2. Limb IK: uncheck "Auto Arm Bend" and check "Reverse Arm Bend Left" (as this is a strictly left-facing character)
  3. Adjust Motion Library's orientation

Here is my version for your reference: https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/8c95f8cf-25d8-4a54-45db-fa7b4ebe4e6f

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines