• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hide webcam/show only facial tracking?

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am trying to figure out a way to only show the facial tracking wireframe for streaming/recording (the red dots + blue eyes). Basically hide the webcam and only show the facial tracking dots. Does anyone know a way to do this?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Not quite what you asked, but I turned on the web cam, clicked the three horizontal lines next to the title to bring up the menu, undocked that panel, the closed the separate window. The webcam is still working, but its no longer visible (no dots, no face, nothing - but webcam is still controlling puppet.  I then brought it back using the Window menu (selecting "camera & microphone") to bring it back. (Then had to drag title bar to dock the panel again.)

I don't know of a way to show only the dot

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite what you asked, but I turned on the web cam, clicked the three horizontal lines next to the title to bring up the menu, undocked that panel, the closed the separate window. The webcam is still working, but its no longer visible (no dots, no face, nothing - but webcam is still controlling puppet.  I then brought it back using the Window menu (selecting "camera & microphone") to bring it back. (Then had to drag title bar to dock the panel again.)

I don't know of a way to show only the dots without the face while streaming. I have not heard of anyone managing to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is useful, thanks Alan. However I was hoping there was a way to hide the webcam and only show the facial tracking features. If this is not possible, it would be an extremely useful feature to have in both the webcam preview and recording/streaming previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If nobody comes back with a solution, if you look at the top of the page in the forums there is a separate area for “feature requests”. That helps them get voted for and helps Adobe spot feature ideas (they might miss general forum posts). They have webcam on/off so, as someone who does not have to write the code, it does not sound hard to have a third mode (webcam off, webcam on, webcam dots only without video). Including reasons why you would find it useful could help - I bet they have a long feature request list, so everything you can do to motivate why a feature should be added helps! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines