• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I get my character to walk using the right arrow key?

New Here ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a relative newbie to Character Animator, but I am finding it a very useful tool. However, I have been stuck on a problem for a couple of days that I can't seem to fix.

My character will not walk right when pressing the right arrow key. The 'Frontal' view works, and the 'Left Profile' view works when the Left Arrow key is pressed. All tagging is the same from Left Profile and Right Profile. I was only experimenting with the function so the character is by no means the most complicated.

I am pulling my hair out! Not sure how to attach a file to this post but would be happy to share.

Thanks

Jamie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

You're just missing a neck tag on the profile views. The arms need to know where the neck is to work properly. Add that and you should be okay!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run into this before and I forgot how I solved it. So yes, could you share here or DM me your .puppet file (File > Export > Puppet) via a shared link on Google Drive, Dropbox, or Creative Cloud to take a closer look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's great, thanks for the reply! I have uploaded the puppet - I've got him walking right and left but now his arms don't move! I was sure that I'd tagged it correctly.

If you could take a look that would be great.

Balaclava Man.puppet - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're just missing a neck tag on the profile views. The arms need to know where the neck is to work properly. Add that and you should be okay!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is fantastic! Thanks for your help. Love your tutorials by the way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there a tutorial on how to set up front left and right walk cycles?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines