Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I make a stretching arm without stretching its hand

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm having some problems, and hope anyone can guide me through them, thank you in advance.

Problems I'm facing:

1. The arm stretches just fine, but the hands go nuts, I know the arm is doing it, but since it's a simple shape we won't notice it. So how can I make it follow the arm, but in a way that it doesn't stretch along with it;

2. The sleeves are stretching too. I just want the arm to stretch.

3. The sleeves are in front of the arm. I can't figure a way out to make the forearm go in front of the sleeve but still be attached to the upper arm.

The scene goes like this:

- Boy stretches its arm and grab the popcorn [ press C and V for popcorn and upside-down popcorn ]

- Then he grabs some popcorn and eat it

- End

Character Animator_2017-08-02_15-46-13.png Character Animator_2017-08-02_15-48-28.png

I got Pickupbot as an example, but it has the same problem I'm trying to avoid.

Character Animator_2017-08-02_15-27-38.png

Puppet file:

Dropbox - Animeese_CharacterAnimator.puppet

Cheerio.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

There's not a great way to prevent stretching like this (yet). The hacky solution is to add a ton of sticks into the hand to try to keep its structure more rigid. But we hope to give users a way to add more control over how stretchy things are in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's not a great way to prevent stretching like this (yet). The hacky solution is to add a ton of sticks into the hand to try to keep its structure more rigid. But we hope to give users a way to add more control over how stretchy things are in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Dave, I'll give it a try. Can't wait to see some news soon. Have a nice day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why you didn't choose a système like Duik, an addon on after effet?

ex:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines