• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I make an object appear then disappear in a certain area?

Participant ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an animation I created. I used Illustrator (for drawing), Animator (for the mouth movements/triggers), and After Effects (for the food animation). 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB89pvS2INM

Is there a way I can add the food object in Animator and drag it to the mouth and make it disappear? 

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

There are multiple ways to do it. One way is to use a swap set: Add a hand that is already holding the food and swap to it when you want the puppet to hold it. Then swap to an empty hand when you want the puppet to drop or eat the food.

If you aren't using a hand, you can use a trigger on the food to turn it on and off. Add a dragger to the food object so that you can click on it and put it where you want it. Then use the trigger again to make the food vanish.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are multiple ways to do it. One way is to use a swap set: Add a hand that is already holding the food and swap to it when you want the puppet to hold it. Then swap to an empty hand when you want the puppet to drop or eat the food.

If you aren't using a hand, you can use a trigger on the food to turn it on and off. Add a dragger to the food object so that you can click on it and put it where you want it. Then use the trigger again to make the food vanish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I'm going to try this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines