Copied

2018_12_5_20_36_50_184.jpg

TOPICS
Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you are starting with a side view of the character standing and want to go through the body movements to achieve that position? If so, what you would do is put normal sticks in legs and arms, then put draggers on key points of the body so you have precise control. E.g. put draggers on the knees.

What i would personally then do is work out key frames in the overall movement (do legs bend first or arms?). Then i would use draggers to record dragging the lowest part of the body (feet, knees, etc) working the way up the body in a series of recordings of the next dragger. (This is not essential, it's just what i would do to try and get the relative positions right.) It might take a few attempts. E.g. the key frames help show where should the hips, knees, and feet need to be so it does not look like that character is unbalanced and going to fall over. There is also a risk of stretching parts of the body too much. Hmm, so it might be more a matter of finding the key points in the body and doing them first (e.g. maybe hips before knees).

But I could believe you will find "oh, I need to add another dragger to the shoulders, and one to the top of the head to get the bowing correct".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

(By key frames I am not talking about the CH keyframe feature, I mean draw a stick man and work out right positions of hips, shoulders, head, etc over time (e.g. every half a second of movement), thinking how long each body movement takes.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines