• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I edit my character?

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I decided to start with the mouth and I used gimp to do this since I had no idea how to use photoshop cc. Then I realized that the program only takes .psd files, so I found some software on the internet to convert my .png files to .psd files. But then when I tried to drag and drop the files on to the blanktemplate character they wouldn't switch over. So I'm kinda stuck here, can someone please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

First a plug - I have been creating a series of LOW QUALITY videoes on creating a puppet from scratch using photoshop https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-EY6SsWRcVPgYUTSuHP5bclgbj0877Kn. They start off slow, I have not edited to remove boring parts (they are live streams) - would love any feedback on whether actually useful or not. I was aiming for quantity rather than quality to save time, but if not useful then its a waste of time trying to save time... if that makes sense! 😉

But could yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First a plug - I have been creating a series of LOW QUALITY videoes on creating a puppet from scratch using photoshop https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-EY6SsWRcVPgYUTSuHP5bclgbj0877Kn. They start off slow, I have not edited to remove boring parts (they are live streams) - would love any feedback on whether actually useful or not. I was aiming for quantity rather than quality to save time, but if not useful then its a waste of time trying to save time... if that makes sense! 😉

But could you explain a bit more what you mean by “switch over”? A recent episode was on mouth positions and layers that might help. Project Wookie, Episode 22: Basic Oral Hygiene (Mouths) - YouTube 

Note: Adobe has tutorials linked from the forum pages that are profession.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, there is one box that shows all the folders you have and when you click a folder it will show whats in side of it in the second box. I am trying to drag and drop the new mouth into the blanktemplate folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screenshots may help here. It is hard to know what “box” means. They Layer panel is very important In photoshop of character animator to understand the puppet structure.

In that series of videoes I show the full set I use to build the puppet up. One episode is on copying a mouth from an exiting puppet. Episode 17 I think. That might help you understand the basics.

But photoshop is pretty powerful and complex. It does take a bit of getting used to. I consider myself a novice still. I use illustrator more my self for vector based artwork.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines