• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I make my charcter's hair move with the head?

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been following this tutorial to make the character's head more independent from the body by using two "face" behaviors: one to control body movement and the other to control the haed movement. But I can't make the back hair follow the head's position and inclination.

Does someone knows what I can do here?

Screenshot_1.png

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you search for "rear hair group" you can find a number of threads on this problem. If the head is independent and the hair is not inside head (needed for the hair to be behind the body, like you have done) you cannot attach the hair to the head. Its a pain!

By far the easiest solution is to make the head *not* independent. The rear hair would stay independent. If you can live with that, the problem goes away. If not, you can read the other threads for inspiration... but its basically a pain (I don't recall a good general solution, but there were some good ideas in there that might help - e.g. your hair is fairly short which might help). Things like create a second (small) head that you attach the rear hair to. so the hair group is moved by the Head behavior as well - it won't move perfectly, might it might be good enough...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines