• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I make new and different copies of a puppet?

Participant ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a great puppet that I made and rigged that I want to use as a template.

However every time I change something in the new puppet the old puppet is updated or vice versa it’s a nightmare.

How can I simply create a new project import my template puppet change it and save it in a completely different folder so that these puppets new and old don’t keep getting confused.

And so I could keep updating the different Photoshop files without destroying the old and new versions?

I’m completely confused about the whole gathered media folders where the puppets should be stored with the Photoshop file and how to copy and move these so that everything doesn’t get mixed up. I need a workflow please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think this is a double post, but just in case, the easiest I find is to “Export Puppet” from the menu then “Import Puppet” into whatever project you need to use it in. The export puppet creates a .puppet file (its actually a ZIP file) with a copy of the artwork in it. When you import from that puppet file it creates a new directory for the puppet and puts a local copy of the artwork in that directory. Nothing will be shared with a previous puppet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines