• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I toggle between Camera 1 and Camera 2?

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I toggle between Camera 1 and Camera 2 during recording?

I can't find an answer to this anywhere. Basically, I just want to toggle back and forth between two cameras. Having the hardest time finding out how.

Or maybe there is a better way to do this?

I have two cameras on the timeline. Each gradually zooms in on a different character. I just want to toggle this between the two cameras back and forth over 30 seconds or so.

TOPICS
Camera , How to , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

So apparently there is no way to toggle between the cameras, nor is there a way to ctrl-k the camera scenes on the timeline like you might do in Audition. I'm wondering what point is to having more than one scene camera if you can't toggle to it, but... I am still very new at this. Maybe there is something else I'm missing.
I solved my issue by using keyframes to change the shot, over and over, and over again. It works, but it leaves me feeling there must be or should be a better way.
(Think that

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Umm. Good question!  I have only ever used one camera and moved it around as needed.

Here is one hack:

alank99101739_0-1605072824284.png

I shortened the length of camera 2, then duplicated it. It jumped back and forwards then, but its not very elegent.

I notice in the camera behaviors panel there is a "Create Triggerable Shot" button - maybe you can create a trigger to jump the one camera around? I clicked it, the put a letter on the trigger it created, and set it to Latch mode. Hitting the key toggled between two camera positions (with a single camera)... but I don't fully understand it yet. I was wondering if you could create a shot for different cameras and use a swapset so one of the two cameras is always on... it seems more like it remembered the transform change I made for a single camera - so triggering the replay would Transform the one camera, and you can have different shots recorded and jump between them using keyboard triggers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So apparently there is no way to toggle between the cameras, nor is there a way to ctrl-k the camera scenes on the timeline like you might do in Audition. I'm wondering what point is to having more than one scene camera if you can't toggle to it, but... I am still very new at this. Maybe there is something else I'm missing.
I solved my issue by using keyframes to change the shot, over and over, and over again. It works, but it leaves me feeling there must be or should be a better way.
(Think that one old meme of Shaq wiggling and the cat wiggling, the cameras each have a gradual zoom and it toggles back and forth between Shaq and the cat. No that's not what I did, haha, but that's the theme I was going for. )
Anyway, I hope this helps someone out who may be trying to do the same thing. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines