How do I transform the position of a png sequence I have imported into Character Animator?

New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there!

I am fairly new to Character Animator, and I exported a png sequence from After Effects to go in the background of the scene (as I can't import video). It looks great and seems to view it as a sort of puppet, but I need to have it slide down off the screen (with Y pos) and I cannot find any way of controlling it once it is placed on the timeline.

Does anyone have a suggestion? Or should I just take my project into After Effects instead?

Many thanks in advance.

Ben.

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Puppet movement , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Never tried importing a PNG into CH, but if it works like every other layer then:

In the timeline, click on the layer that has your PNG.

On the right side of the screen toggle open TRANSFORM.

Theres your Pos Y and Pos X. You can click on the stop watches next to each setting to toggle key frames.

If that doesn't show up you may need to manually add a Transform behavior, or maybe a PNG sequence isn't supported.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines