• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I update the link connection between Ch and Pr?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2018 Jun 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I pull the scenes from Ch over to Pr and it works fine, but it's not always that the changes that I make later I Ch will be updated in Pr.

Is there an option to update the link between Ch and Pr with a shortcut key combination? In an internet browser, we have F5.

Or are there any other ways to do this?

The link between Ps and Ch works every single time, so I wonder that it does not work in the same way between Ch and Pr.

Is there anyone who also can explain to me why there is a difference?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

I FOUND THE SHORTCUT TO REFRESH 🙂

Ctrl + Alt (it works in windows I use)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think dynamic linking is meant to auto-update, but I recall having that problem once and clearing the Pr cache worked. Felt like a race condition between the two (unpredictable). But it happened so rarely that I did not recognize any pattern to it. (I don’t use dynamic linking often.) So clearing the Pr cache is my best suggestion.

(I moved away from Dynamic linking for most things personally, exporting videos from CH and importing those videos into Pr. This was just because it felt faster on my laptop - it avoided Pr rerendering the CH scene so often. So i don’t have much practical dynamic linking experience. Hopefully some others here in the forum will respond with their experiences...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete Pr cache sounds like a good idea, but when I look under Preference and Media Cache I only can see the possibility to delete Unused Cash files, but it doesn't help me, because I work with the files.

I love the possibility with the link files (when it work) because it makes my work so much easier. I also like that when I import a Psd to Premiere Pro, then it will automate bed updated when I make changes in Ps. - That is cool!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. Come to think of it I was in After Effects, not Prem Pro. So sorry, no idea - other than to make another change in the CH project and hopefully it will detect the second change and pick it up...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you could also do that in an early version of Pr but not now.

I have now made five small numbers in JPG, and so I put a number on a scene in Ch, and so I can see when it update in Pr.

For the must I can see the blue down in the right corner that tells me when Pr update the link. But even when the blue color has been there, it often happens that the number I have made does not change in Pr.

So there is some problem that Adobe should look on!

The only way I can solve the problem is to close down Pr, and so it will update the link again from Ch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I FOUND THE SHORTCUT TO REFRESH 🙂

Ctrl + Alt (it works in windows I use)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines