• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How many puppets do you usually have per scene?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Character Animator to animate a scene where about 15 puppets (each with 4 views and various triggers) are running, jumping and fighting. I am getting errors such as internal error codes. Is this because I am using too many puppets in the scene? How many puppets is "safe" to put into one scene? Thanks for the guidance! 

TOPICS
Crash , How to , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bear in mind that ANYTHING can be a puppet, such as a flower or a butterfly. However, I've never used that many puppets in a scene and it can certainly put a strain on the system to keep track of all of that data at once. I've seen @oksamurai use five puppets in a scene but he uses AE and multiple scenes to relegate the behaviors to closeups, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We want to know ANY error codes you're getting. The best way to do this is to share a .puppet file that has errors when imported. Otherwise, the entire project folder can be shared too. There shouldn't be an issue with a lot of puppets, though certainly most people only have 1 or 2 in a scene.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines