• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Many Puppets of One Character Do You Utilize?

Contributor ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love input on organizing my puppets before I make a mess. Do you all use one puppet (of the same character) for walking, one for closeups, one for body tracking, etc?

The goal here is maximizing my options, limiting performance issues, as well as minimizing file size. And weighing that against having to update multiple instances of a character if I, for example, change the hair or clothes.

I will be using mostly medium shots but consistently shots of the full body and some extreme closeups as close as one eye. The character (or separate versions of the character) will use the Walk as well as the Body tracking behaviors and have Frontal and the two Quarter views.

Do those using both Body tracking and Walk copy the character and set each rig differently, according to okaysamurai's recommendation of placing the neck in a different place for Body?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Should have mentioned: I'm using bitmap art.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines