• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to bring a lot of media back on line

Engaged ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to have to move my work for a while from desktop to laptop. This required moving a lot of Ch media to one drive. There may have been a better way to do this (and I'd love to hear about it), but I did it on the finder level. So, of course, when I launch Ch, everything is offline. If I launch a project on Premiere, I get a message saying, "All these clips are offline (I'm paraphrasing of course.)" I've then got a nice window from which to track down my offline media.

Is there a way to do this in Character Animator? I don't see a systematic way to find the media I need to find.

Martin

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I know is to click on the object (puppet, probably audio file too?) in the project panel. Then the properties panel over on the right, the top property is Path I think. You can click on that to relink to the artwork file. That is the only file type I have had problems with. 

I think if you use "Gather Media" first, it copies all the artwork inside the project tree and uses relative paths making it easier to move. This will no longer share artwork etc, but might result in less work to link files up afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That all sounds helpful, if not time consuming Alan. But where do I find gather media?

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ummm, I think its in the Edit menu? (Computer not near me just now sorry.) Select a puppet in the project panel then check the menus for "Gather Media"... 

Oh, try this: https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-character-animator/using/projects.html. It talks about File > Copy Media Files into Project Folder.

Personally I just relink the puppets and keep the artwork where it was before. You only have to do it once per puppet. But wanted you to be aware the other one might save some effort. But the master files are then in the project directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines