Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Change Barbarasaurus' Headlines and Graphics Cards

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All!

I have watched several videos about Adobe Character Animator, and I'm super interested in animating using Barbarasaurus. I wanted to know:

1. How I can change the text in the headlines

2. How I can add a different picture to the graphics cards

3. How I can change the background while having Barbarasaurus still there. I know how to add a new background when the puppet comes without a set background, but it seems like one overlays the other with fully developed animations like Barbarasaurus. 

Any help would be much appreciated. I really want to do a series to help some kids I volunteer with! Thank you!

TOPICS
Feature requests

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

According to @okaysamurai, the crawl and other BG info are part of the original Photoshop file for the puppet. He says, "select Barabarasaurus in your CH project panel and go to Edit > Edit Original to bring it up in Photoshop, where you can edit / replace / etc the relevant layers."

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you have seen something with Barbarasaurus already? Could you share some screengrabs or similar of what you already have? I am not sure if the following answers your questions exactly, but...

1. Character Animator does not have text support. I create separate Illustrator or Photoshop etc files for each piece of text, or if creating a video file, I put text on top using Premier Pro etc which has titling capabilities.

2. Not sure what "graphics cards" are - but you can load any image as a puppet in Character Animator. So you could probaby create a Photoshop/Illustrator file per card and load it up. (There are smarter things you can do like have one graphic card with different child layers that you make appear with a keyboard trigger - press 'p' for 'pear' to appear etc.)

3. Normally you create puppet without a background image. Then you load the background image up as a puppet (that does not move much!). The order of puppets in the scene (which one is above the other) controls which appears in front of other ones. Normally you use transparency for furiture, characters, etc so they don't hide everything else on the screen.

Do you have a puppet already created? Depending how sophisticated you want to get it can take a bit of effort to get created if you have not done it before. It is not *that* hard, but also not *that* easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

According to @okaysamurai, the crawl and other BG info are part of the original Photoshop file for the puppet. He says, "select Barabarasaurus in your CH project panel and go to Edit > Edit Original to bring it up in Photoshop, where you can edit / replace / etc the relevant layers."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines